Ruth,
We just did a book fair using BookSmart as our supplier. They will staff
the fair or give a slightly higher discount if you do it yourself. They
also included free plastic bags for customer purchases. This was the
second year we've used them and been very satisfied with them.

BookSmart is located at 27 W 20th Street, #506. Their phone # is
212-675-8677, and you can speak with anyone there, although I believe Nancy
Tanner runs the operation.

They offer a 20-25 percent discount. BTW, since our school is quite close to
their warehouse, we didn't have to pay delivery fees, which are about $100.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth
(sharing Josie's computer account)
On Wed, 14 Dec 1994, Ruth Fox wrote:

> I am in a Middle School Library, currently sponsoring a book fair, provided
> by Kidsbooks, Inc. Stamford, CT.  We are not pleased with this company
> and have been using them (unfortunately) for the last three or possibly
> four years.  We are looking for another provider in the Northeast (metro
> NYC area--LI).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.  Ruth Fox, Great Neck South Middle School; 349 Lakeville Road;
> Great Neck NY 11020
> I hope this message gets to all LM Netters by "Unlurking Day" and that
> we will all enjoy this experience of netting cooperatively.  Happy
> Holidays to all.

LM_NET Archive Home