Bill Hansen's message probably encapsulated a lot of what we are all thinking;
especially his points about the fact thaqt the *majority* or our profession
are not yet technologically involved, and are, to put it bluntly, scared
at the prospect of plugging in.   This discussion will never really end,
folks, but it does need to reach a much larger audience.  How about getting
excerpts posted in print: as in some of the professional magazines that so
many of us -- and our unconnected peers -- read?  And how about developing
a standard professional explanation/job description/mission statement to
send to the other professions we deal with, such as ASCD, and the National
Associations of Principals, Administrators, Curriculum Coordinators, et al?
Stop preaching to the choir, people.  Get our there and proselytize to the
pagan masses.  As Ken Haycock says, "We need to talk to the decision-makers,
not each other...  and beware of the fine line between advocacy and whining."

In other words, go forth and convert, not complain.

Alice H. Yucht  <yucht@zodiac.rutgers.edu"
"She who laughs, lasts." - R. Barreca, in *They Used to Call Me Snow White...
But I Drifted.*

LM_NET Archive Home