The real issue is not what we're called, it's what we do.

But it's also about the perceptions of the general public regarding
libraries and school library media centers in particular. A
resolution was passed this summer to authorize AASL to pursue
advertising to promote a new vision of the LMC on TV,etc. This
current discussion of our job description should focus on
images and scenarios that would make our vision of what we do
clear to the general public.

i.e. coaching students using the Internet for research leading to a
community service project. Or instructing 7th grade students in
HyperCard so that information gathered on endangered species
can be synthesized and represented in a stack designed for use
by 3rd graders at  a neighboring elementary school.

--
Peter Butts      |X|                  |X|
East Middle School   |X|          |X|      "One Man Gathers

LM_NET Archive Home