Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 12:03:51 -0400
From Ed Miller <MILLERED@HUGSE1.HARVARD.EDU>
To Multiple recipients of list K12ADMIN <K12ADMIN@suvm.acs.syr.EDU>
Subject: Re: Rutherford Institute

To Mark Fetler:

The Rutherford Institute appears to be a "public interest" law firm, funded
by private donations, which uses litigation to defend "Christian rights"--
particularly the "right" to religious speech in public schools.  I have no
direct experience with them, but have found the following references in
recent publications:

W. John Moore. "The Lord's Litigators." _National Journal_, vol. 26, no. 27
(July 2, 1994), p. 1560.

Sara Diamond. "The Religious Right Goes to Court." _The Humanist_, vol. 54,
no. 3 (May-June 1994), p. 35.

Tim Stafford. "Move Over, ACLU." _Christianity Today_, vol. 37, no. 12 (Oct.
25, 1993), p. 20.

I'd love to hear more about the outcome of your own case.

Ed Miller, Harvard Education Letter
millered@hugse1.harvard.edu

LM_NET Archive Home