Thanks, Michelle.  It has been fun reading all of the comments re title,
but I do think we need to get back to the job description.

I like your list, but would add (at least) one more - that of "Communications."
I'm not sure if that adequately describes that aspect of the job, but by
communications I mean the regular updates I send to faculty and staff, posting
of new materials and new technologies, inservice to staff to demonstrate
new technology and new materials, sharing contents pages of professional
journals with teams, routing relevant new materials to staff members, etc.,
etc., etc.

This does NOT, to my way of thinking, fit into curriculum planning.  I see
it as a distinct category.

Happy holidays to all, and please keep up this fabulous discussion.
Susan Burstein
Portland Middle School
Portland, CT
sburstein@csunet.ctstateu.edu