But isn't that what we're muddling through here?  A current job
description SHOULD include the fact that you fix av, work with computers,
teach a class.  They are not "Other duties" but a major portion of your
(well, mine anyway, although I don't teach a specific class)  If you were
to be replaced, wouldn't they want someone to do what you do?  If they
post an old job description that doesn't address the above, they will not
get the right applicants.  We redid our job descriptions in the district
3 years ago specifically for that reason.  It intimates that the district
is "hiding" the real description, or will surprise a person in an
interview with a myriad of "other duties" - or worse yet, after they
already have the job.
We really need to describe the job we are doing now, will do in the
future, and know it will change.

LM_NET Archive Home