Hello all.

I appreciate the responses I received for my last question on t.v.
studios and have another one for which I really need input.  I am setting
up a media center for a new middle school scheduled to open in August.
We are awaiting county board approval of start-up funds to create a
branch of the local public library.  In a few weeks, I will find out for
sure whether the media center will also become a shared facility.  It is
already designed to accomodate the needs of elementary students, with
whom we will share the media center in two years when an elementary
school is built onto the new middle school.  So, this media center will
basically become an elementary/middle school/public library.

Is anyone out there currently working in such an environment?  Or
anything similar?  Any suggestions on how to juggle staffing and
collection issues?  Any hints on what to avoid doing?

I would appreciate any responses that might help guide me through this
process.  I will post a hit for responses.

I thank you in advance for responding!

Melina Brown
McDougle Middle School
900 Old Fayetteville Road