Thanks again!
I will be attending the retirement party this evening.  By all means, please
continue to post your jokes, riddles and anecdotes publicly for all to
enjoy.  Here are a couple that I just received via e-mail that I am sharing,
as requested and promised, with everyone:
        A third-grader in upstate New York asked, "Can you get this book on
interplanetary loan?"
        A book by Larry Parsons entitled, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way
to the School Library..." from Libraries Unlimited.
 A little girl asked for another book about Pee Pee Longstockings.
(Actually, that reminds me I once overheard an elementary student reading
the title of a book aloud from the cover, "The Crap in the Bathtub" the
proper title of which is "The Carp in the Bathtub " by Barbara Cohen, a
WONDERFUL Passover story.)
"If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the Library?"
Lily Tomlin
        A policeman was in the library telling kindergarten classes how to
recognize various traffic signs.  When he came to a sign with a universal
"NO" sign over a thumb, a little girl guessed, "No thumb sucking?"
        "A student came in with a sheaf of papers, handed them to the
librarian and demanded a receipt.  The librarian looked at the papers and
realized they were various purchasing documents.  The student had
instructions to see the BOOKKEEPER!"

Thanks again to everyone!  Keep those cards and letters coming, but post
them publicly for everyone to enjoy, rather than privately to my e-mail
:-}
Global SchoolNet Fdn (FrEdMail) (lmnet-l@ACME.FRED.ORG) wrote:
: A librarian in my district is retiring in a couple of weeks.  We're putting
: together a special album to give her as a remembrance.  If you have any
: jokes, anecdotes, and/or riddles to offer, I bet she'd get a laugh out of
: some good stories after all these years of teaching.
:         Thanks for your help with this.  You may reply here, or simply
: e-mail your response to me at:

:                 sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org

: --
: Paula Liss, Librarian           e-mail: sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org
: Southampton High School                 vox: (516)283-6800 x 268
: 141 Narrow Lane                                 fax: (516)283-1905
--
Paula Liss, Librarian           e-mail: sn07791@llwnet.ll.pbs.org
Southampton High School                 vox: (516)283-6800 x 268
141 Narrow Lane                                 fax: (516)283-1905

LM_NET Archive Home