I am a doctoral student conducting a study on the relationship between
classroom collections of trade books and the school library resource centre
program. The research is underway in a large school district on Prince
Edward Island, Canada (Yes it is the home of L.M. Montgomery and Anne of
Green Gables).
     I would like to generate some discussion throughout the LM_NET
on the issues around the building of large classroom collections (libraries)
in schools with a school library resource centre. Do the two levels
work well in your school? What factors enhance or inhibit the relationship
between these two key sources of trade books for elementary students?
Does one suffer at the expense of the other or is there a symbiotic
relationship that can and should develop?
     I welcome any input you may offer -- your personal experience, research
in this area that you may know of, questions you may have, opinions on the
topic........ My focus is elementary schools and trade books only.
     If you are interested please take a minute and send me your thoughts.
Thank you
     Ray Doiron

LM_NET Archive Home