One of our elementary librarians brought this bibliography
about sled dogs/Iditarod to our meeting yesterday and
I thought I would pass it on.

IDITAROD/SLED DOG BIBLIOGRAPHY
ELEMENTARY LEVEL

Welsh-Smith, Susan, Andy; an  Alaskan tale, Cambridge University Press,
        1988

Pinkwater, Daniel, Aunt Lulu, Macmillan, 1988

Anderson, LaVere, Balto, sled dog of Alaska, Garrard, 1976

Iditarod Trail Committee, Beyond courage [videorecording]

Standiford, Natalie, Bravest dog ever, the true story of Balto,
        Random House, 1989

Riddles, Libby, Danger, the dog yard cat, Paws IV, 1989

Foster, Joanna, Dogs working for people, National
        Geographic, 1972

Quackenbush, Robert, Dogsled to dread; a Miss Mallard
        mystery, Prentice Hall Books for Young Readers, 1987

Gill, Shelly, Kiana's Iditarod, Paws IV, 1984

Reit, Seymour, Race against death; a true story of the
        far north, Dodd Mead, 1976

Cooper, Michael, Racing sled dogs, Clarion, 1988

Rogers, Jean, Runaway mittens, Greenwillow, 1988

Whelan, Gloria, Silver, Random House, 1988

Emert, Phyllis, Sled dogs, Crestwood House, 1985

Gardiner, John Reynolds, Stone fox, Crowell, 1980

Ring, Elizabeth, Sled dogs, Arctic athletes,
        Brookfield, CT, Millbrook Press, 1994

LM_NET Archive Home