    I know that there is a lot of discussion on LMNet on the topic of
    student access to the Internet.  Here in Eugene, OR we have developed
    a set of guidelines that require parent approval and teacher
    sponsorship before a student is given an account.  This is only for
    high school students.  Younger students can access the Internet when
    their teacher gets a class account.

    Here's my question for those of you who have some experience with
    student accounts.  Do students really get into places on the net
    where they shouldn't be?  If so, has this caused problems at school?
    How have you dealt with the situation?

    Thanks for your responses.

    Sheryl Steinke
    Eugene 4J Schools