Gene D Lanier, Professor & Director of Graduate Studies
East Carolina University
Dept of Library Studies and Educational Technology
Greenville, NC 27858-4353  919/757-6627  FAX 919/757 4368
Bitnet: LSLANIER@ECUVM1   Internet: LSLANIER@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU
>Dear Lm_Netters,
>I have a seventh grade class trying to collect the titles of
>banned books.  I have given them a list, but I'm sure there
>are a lot more out there.  I would appreciate any titles
>and/or authors you can think of.  I have the titles of
>books that have been discussed here over the past month.
>You can send messages to either of my email addresses.
>Thanks- Lm_net is great!
>Gail Grainger
>Chesterfield School
>Chesterfield, N.H.

Probably the best list of challenges is found in the annual publication
from ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom for Banned Books Week...gives
the "where" and "when"...I also suggest you subscribe to the new listserv
established by ALA/OIF for discussing challenges.  To subscribe:
  TO:  LISTSERV@UICVM.UIC.EDU
  Subject:  Leave blank
  Message:  SUB ALAOIF@UICVM GAIL GRAINGER
Once you are on, send your above message to ALAOIF@UICVM and get ready
for all sorts of replies....
>g_grainger@mentor.unh.edu
>ggrainge@keene.edu

Gene D Lanier, Professor & Director of Graduate Studies
East Carolina University
Dept of Library Studies and Educational Technology
Greenville, NC 27858-4353  919/757-6627  FAX 919/757 4368
Bitnet: LSLANIER@ECUVM1   Internet: LSLANIER@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU

LM_NET Archive Home