Hello! Since LM_NET has been so helpful in the past, I'm hoping to get some
good suggestions. In one of my education classes (Literature for Adolescents),
I've been asked to present ideas for evaluating, using, and promoting YA lit.

I'd really like to find out what is being done "in the real world", so I would
truly appreciate it if some kind people out there would take the time to answer
these questions or just give some general kind of feedback.

        What tools do you use for evaluating YA lit? Do you have a favorite?
        Are there any particular guidelines that you follow personally (without
        evaluation tools)?

        How do real-life librarians use YA lit with the YA audience? Book
        talks? Projects? Read alouds? Summer programs? And are teachers
        reasonably cooperative in team-teaching and other joint ventures?

Please post all replies to me personally, and I will summarize to the list.
Thanks in advance for all your time and trouble.

(I have already printed out Betty Hamilton's compilation of reading promotion
strategies from March 20 and found it very helpful.)

     *  Denice Adkins                   adkinsdc@ccit.arizona.edu  *
     *  University of Arizona SLS       adkinsdc@arizvms.bitnet    *