When I was a LMS in an elementary school I did a unit on Peter
Rabbit/Beatrix Potter each spring.  The stories are good to compare and
contrast--even the littlest kids can identify with Peter and Tom Kitten
getting into trouble!  There are some good video adaptations out there of
the stories--I find them at SAM'S every now and then.  Now that I'm a LMS
in a High School Career Center I plan to work with the Child Development
class to have a "Peter Rabbit Tea Party"---carrots, etc.  (Plus the
teacher of the class has a child-size china tea set that she bought in
England!)  For older kids you could study Beatrix Potter as an
author--she wrote other things besides the children's stories.  She was
quite the environmentalist in her day!  Videos produced by:  Goodtimes
16 East, 40th St. NY NY 10016.
(I have started collecting Beatrix Potter "stuff"---it's amazing what is
out there once you start looking---have yet to find anything really old
though...)
Sabra Bell
LMS---ACCC/FCC
335 Four Mile Road
Conway, SC  29526

<sbell@horry.sc.fred.org> ---------------------- 33.50.05N, 79.02.06W
Sabra Bell
Teacher K-12 at AYNOR-CONWAY CAREER CTR.,  HORRY             CONWAY, SC

LM_NET Archive Home