Someone was looking for quake info.  Here at UB we have the National Center for
Earthquake Engineering Research.  (Sorry CA - I hear people there are still
sore about this.)  As part of the NSF grant, the NCEER Information Service has
been set up right in our library.  It is an interesting arrangement, and one
that other institutions might want to emulate.  Sort of a "one hand scratches
the other's back" situation.  With their grant $, they buy everything and
anything related to earthquakes.  Our University Libraries takes care of all
of their processing (ordering, cataloging, etc), we have provided them with a
generous space in the library for their office facility, and in return,
everything they buy goes into our collection.  (All monos, journals, etc.)

ANYWAY, they have a database mounted on our OPAC (BISON) called "Quakeline".
Try:
      telnet bison.cc.buffalo.edu

Once you are attached to a port, type vt100 <enter>.  The next screen will
prompt you to press <enter> to connect to BISON.  Once you are in the BISON
menu, select INDX <enter>, then QKLN <enter>.
To exit at any time, type STOP <enter>.

Hope this helps.
                                      Michael Kankiewicz
                                      Science & Engineering Library