Does anyone have experience with the number of drives in towers and
performance?

For example, we've heard that 2 towers with 14 drives each is VERY SLOW.
Would 4 towers with 7 each outperform the 2 towers? How's the
performance with 4 towers and 7 drives?

Actually, since we will probably go with 3 towers each with 7 drives,
how's the performance in that configuration?

Please respond to me - I'll post results back to LM_NET.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

          |       Mike Eisenberg   <mike@ericir.syr.edu>             |
          |      Professor, School of Information Studies            |
          | Director, ERIC Clearinghouse on Information & Technology |
          |      Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244             |
          |      Phone: 315/443-4549   Fax: 315/443-5448             |

LM_NET Archive Home