On Mon, 2 May 1994, Judy Jerome, OCM BOCES School Library System wrote:

> From: Judy Jerome, OCM BOCES School Library System
>
> Hello, comrades:
>
> When I evaluate CD ROM encyclopedias, I try to think first of the quality of
> information that is included on it. That is, what is the print equivalent.
> Encarta is the Funk and Wagnalls encyclopeda that can be bought in grocery
> stores,

When the product was finished, very little of it came from F&W.  MS hired
an editor from World Book to work on the project and the content of the
CD is pretty good.  Microsoft did make a decision to have the video and
sound elements as the strength of Encarta, but the text is certainly
acceptable.

Bob Koreis
James Sales Elementary
Tacoma