Hello wise people,

I have been asked to give the commencement address at our local
"alternative" high school this June.  It only needs to be 5-8 minutes long.

These young people have not succeeded in a traditional high school setting
(I personally think they like life a little too much!).  I supposed they
are today's version of what we would have called "juvenile deliquents" when
I was in high school.

Please help me out.  What succinct nuggets of information or advice should
I relate to these young people which might maximize their chances for
future happiness, fulfillment, productivity, etc. I would like something
which would touch their hearts, which after hours of Bevis and Butthead and
MTV could be difficult.

If you post to me directly, I'll collect and repost along with the final
text of the commencement address early in June.

Muchas gracias,

Doug

Doug Johnson, District Media Supervisor | The customer support department of
Mankato Public Schools, ISD77           | Dell Computer answers about 8000
Box 8713, Mankato MN 56001-8713         | telephone calls every day. About 10
507-387-7698                            | of those callers state "there is
palsdaj@vax1.mankato.msus.edu           | something wrong with my keyboard,
                                          it doesn't have an ANY key."
                                            Urban A. LeJeune
                                            Artifical Stupidity newsletter