Date sent:  13-MAY-1994 06:37:36

If this is a repeat please ignore as I had a rejected notice to the list
and I am not sure if it is for this message.  We are opening a new third
high school in Appleton in the fall of 1995.  The problem of what to do
with seniors is upon us.  It is a conundrum.  If we give them choice, the
new school will open with very few seniors.  If we don't give them choice,
they'll be unhappy, but live through it I am sure.  (I am on the attendance
area committee.)  How have other school systems handled this problem?  If
you allowed choice what were the criteria?  What was the outcome?  How did
it affect enrollment in the new school?  If you didn't allow choice, what
were the ramifications,  if any?  What were the outcomes of decisions, ie,
enrollment shifts, staffing, and programming?  We would appreciate any
help.  The lm-net has proved to be a wonderful source of information and I
know this time won't be different.  If you know or belong to any other
lists that believe could be of help, please forward this message, or pass
the information on to me.  Thanks Michele

Michele Missner

Bitnet   -  missnerm@oshkoshw
Internet -  missnerm@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu

LM_NET Archive Home