Jody,

     I would ask the candidates their opinion of Maurice Sendak's We Are
All in the Dumps with Jack & Guy.  I tried to donate a review copy to an
elementary school librarian and she refused to put it in her collection
directly citing her personal conservative views.  I loved the book and
think that it can be enjoyed on many levels, by young children for its
artistic merits and because of the author's reputation with children, and
by older children and adults for its social message.

Gene LaFaille
Brunswick School
wick1@transit.nyser.net

LM_NET Archive Home