At the risk of starting this question all over, I want to add what two speakers
said to our Honor Society inductees (a whole-school assembly) and to our 4.0
students (at a special luncheon).

First, Michael Coleman, an attorney and member of the Columbus City Council
spoke about meeting Thurgood Marshall.  In the course of a brief conversation,
he told Marshall that he was going to be a lawyer.  Marshall said, "So what!
What are you going to do with it?"

For the second, Monsignor Paul Enke, one of our local pastors, talked about
saving the world "one person at a time," attributing this thought to an author
whose work he had read.  (The name escapes me at the moment.)

I am the media spec. at a Catholic high school (1000 students, 98% college
cound), and I have heard more than my share of "inspirational" end-of-the-year
talks.  These were among the very best.  Both were succinct and both posed quest
 ions that are highly significant - and memorable.

Kari Inglis/Bishop Watterson High School/99 E. Cooke Rd./Columbus OH  43214
kbw_inglis@mec.ohio.gov

LM_NET Archive Home