Dear LM_Netters,
I am working with a Grade 9 social studies teacher on a multicultural
x-curricular unit involving literature, art and history.  We would like
to start off by having students read a novel in which the
protagonist (preferably a young adult) is
part of one of the immigrant groups in Canada.
I have already gathered several titles, including novels dealing with
the Japanese, Chinese, Ukrainian and West Indian immigrant experience.  I
would love to add to this list by tapping into the knowledge of those
LM_NEtters who work in Canadian schools or read Canadian YA
fiction!
I will compile a list and send it out to anyone who is interested.(I am
not sure how much interest is out there)
Thanks in advance to all responders,
Val Nielsen
vnielson@minet.gov.mb.ca

LM_NET Archive Home