The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development [ASCD] has
approved the proposal for a Network for Teacher-librarianship. Approval
guarantees listing in the ASCD directory of networks, funding for a
newsletter and space on the ASCD program at their annual conference. More
than 40 LM_NETters provided the necessary documentation, including ASCD
membership numbers, to support the proposal. My thanks to everyone who
endorsed the concept. I will correspond directly with the ASCD/LM_NET
members about our next steps to influence the largest organization of
educational decision-makers in the U.S. In the meantime, anyone wishing
to join is welcome to contact me as the [interim!] facilitator.

Ken Haycock
School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
The University of British Columbia
831-1956 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z1
Voice: 604-822-4991  Fax: 604-822-6006
Internet: haycock@unixg.ubc.ca

                Preparing Professionals to Exercise Leadership in
                Planning, Implementing and Promoting the
                Preservation, Organization and Effective Use of
                Society's Recorded Information and Ideas