I remember that I was in 11th grade English classwhen the announcement came
over the intercom.  We were all stunned.  I remember the teacher was as
stunned as we were and had to leave the room.  There was absolute silence and
there wasn't much learning going on for the rest of the day.  The days that
followed were somber for all of us.  My parents and brother had to go to a
school event the night before the funeral and I was left alone on the farm.
All that was on TV was about JFK.  I remember that I got scared and called my
girl friend and talked to her until my family came home.  He was admired and
loved my a lot of people and the nation felt a great loss.
I am writing this from home in Spirit Lake, Iowa, which is north of where I
grew up in Cherokee, Iowa.

LM_NET Archive Home