     I also purchased Works 4.0 about 2 months ago and have had a variety of
frustrating problems.  The program does lock up periodically and I have not
been able to isolate the cause.  Also, I find it saves the files as a Works
3.0 file automatically . . . at least that is what the files say on the
harddrive list . . . but my Works 3.0 software won't open these files.  Also,
when I have opened files that I developed previously with my version 3.0,
there will be gaps between lines of text that could add many pages to the
original document.  When I try to highlight and delete these gaps, I cannot.
 There must be hidden control characters laid into the document.  The only
way I can delete these gaps is to start at the end of the document and work
backwards with the delete key.  VERY FRUSTRATING AND TIME CONSUMING.
     Also, folks who purchase this program should be VERY CAREFUL to use the
ReadMe file before installing . . . says the voice of painful experience!
 That document tells you to turn off your extensions prior to installation.
 If you do not do that, the program does all kinds of strange things!!!
Marjorie Pappas
MarjorieP@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home