Well, it's time!  I started the setup for converting from ver
7.8n Cir/Cat+ to Unison! I need all the support I can get,
because I am the first (the head guinea pig) in my county who
is willing to try!

I have a 386/33 at my file server which has 8 Mg RAM and a big
hard drive, a 386/25 at the front desk with 4 Mg RAM, and 4
386/16 students workstations (the kinds without hard drives).
These all have 4 Mg RAM also.  We are also running IClass
something and Novell netware 2.2.  According to the guys at
Follett, I should have no trouble, except that the student
workstations are a little low and will make it run slower.
Still, I have decided that it is worth it, after calling
Follett again and again and asking "does 7.8N do thus and so?"
and having them answer, "No, but UNISON does!".

Anybody out there with similar configurations already have
Unison on?  Oh, I forgot to mention, at the moment we have
a baseband network, and will upgrade to ethernet in a year
or so...I wish it were now!

Please let me know how things went tomorrow (it's Mon PM).
Maybe you have some great tidbits of advice...

Gotta go, I have a crazy bunny named Mozaret racing around on
the office bed--I think he wants to play!
--
Lorna McCloud           Teacher-Librarian
King Elementary         Woodbridge, VA

LM_NET Archive Home