Talk about LM doing wonders!  I started some of the preliminary
stuff that has to be done before converting to Unison today,
after leaving a plea for help on LM for other librarians who
have already done it.  I also left *2* messages with Follett,
asking for help as I start.

Guess what?  I never got a phone call from Follett
headquarters, but...my Follett rep was at ASL, saw my message
on LM_Net, and called me from Indianapolis to give some
advice!  Hurrah for the power of LM_Net!

Unfortunately, his news was very disappointing--because I have
baseband technology and a 386/33 server, he is afraid that it
will be TOO slow.  I am still contacting a few of the other
wonderful people who answered my query (THANK YOU ALL!) to
check this out, and he is looking for a school which has gone
ahead with the conversion with the same tech that I have...  we
shall see!

--
Lorna McCloud           Teacher-Librarian
King Elementary         Woodbridge, VA

LM_NET Archive Home