Hello, I was in 7th gradein Houston, Texas at the time of Kennedy's
death.  We had heard the rumors around lunch time.  I remeber I was in
Math class when the principal announced the tragedy over the speaker.  I
can still see the math book I was holding in my hand.  It was softbound
with a dark blue cover and I can visualize the PA speaker to my left in
the front of the room.  I recall one student Anita saying she had hoped
it was true because she hated Kennedy.  I also remember feeling some
guilt because we were Nixon people and I had roamed the playground in 5th
grade chanting Nixon, Nixon, he's our man.  Let's put Kennedy in the
garbage can.  The following days seemed like weeks with the funeral and
TV coverage.   Interesting Idea for using the NEt!  Cathy Roach
croach@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home