I was 12 years old in 1963.  My dad was in the Navy and we were
stationed at the Holy Loch in Scotland.  I was at a Girl Guides
(Girl Scouts) meeting.  Someone came running in and said that
the president had been shot.  I remember thinking, "Who would
shoot the president?"  I ran home from the meeting saying
"Please don't let it be true!"  over and over.  When I got home
my mother had the tv on BBC. They were showing his picture with
the dates of his life. We both cried.  The next day at school
(I went to a Scottish school), the kids in my class kept
telling me how sorry they were about his death.  It was very
hard to understand that someone would want to kill President
Kennedy.
--
Laurel Morgan

LM_NET Archive Home