The day President Kennedy was shot I was a high school senior.  The
announcement was made over the build PA system that he had been shot and
his condition was not known.  Of course, that was discussed for the
remainder of the school day.

We had an away football game that evening.  The school decided to go ahead
with sending buses.  I remember taking a radio with me and having someone
on the bus yell to turn it off that they were tired of hearing reports on
the President.

When we reached the location of the football game a school official got on
the bus and announced we were returning home, the game was cancelled
because of the President's assination.

I remember spending the weekend being drawn to watch the television
coverage, and crying and explaining to the children I was babysitting for
why everyone was so sad.

Barbara Fiehn, Assistant Professor
Mankato State University
Library Media Education