I was at work in an aerospace company in California.  I was walking down
the hall to get a cup of coffee (it was early in California) when
somebody told me the President had been shot.  I remember thinking, "Oh,
it'll be okay.  Nobody would ever do that.  These things always come to
nothing."  Almost immediately somebody else told me the President had
died.  We all went home and watched TV for the next few days.  I saw Ruby
shoot Oswald on TV.  It is one of those things you will never forget.
You always remember every detail.  We had a very good friend from college
who was a professional football player.  His team was in town to play the
Los Angeles Rams and we were going to see him.  We went, but it was no
fun at all.

Diane Durbin, Librarian

I was in junior high music class.  The principal announced it over the
intercom.  We had students crying and one girl fainted.

Marlis Calbert
Library Assistant

LM_NET Archive Home