Hello Sandra,

     I was working at my first job in a bank after graduation from high
school, at the tender age of 19, and I remember deeply, often with tears
in my eyes, the events of that fateful November day and subsequent
weekend.  It is my opinion that this nation has still not put the Kennedy
tragedy into its proper perspective, and that repercussions from the
events of the assassination will linger on until we do.

     Rather than ramble on, I would like to offer my services for your
class project.  However, I would prefer not to just write blindly into
the computer.  I would feel more comfortable if I could relate my
feelings and memories more directly to one of your students.  Perhaps
this student could give me an outline of the type of information or
format that would be most useful to him/her.  I wouldn't even be opposed
to providing information in message segments.  For example, feelings
about Kennedy before his election--I worked for his campaign; feelings
about the effectiveness of his Presidency, especially the Cuban Missile
Crisis (many of my contemporaries were very traumatized by this event);
and feelings about his assassination and the aftermath 31 years later.

     If this proposal is acceptable, please write anytime.  I am a true
'Net junkie who is even online weekends from home.

Sincerely,

Gene LaFaille
Brunswick School
Greenwich, CT