I was teaching French in a private school - just half days - and had
brought my little boys home about noon.  I was fixing their peanut butter
sandwiches in the kitchen and they were watching a children's TV program
around the corner.  I could hear the interruption - and the chilling news
immediately.

I was numb as we all were for days.  The children were too young to know
what happened - and its full import.  We all watched the four days
following, as did the nation.

My boys are grown now - as is their little sister.  I am a grandmother
now with grandchildren the ages of my children at the time of the assinasion.

Most memorable time, indeed.  And their was more grief to come for the
nation and for the Kennedys and Kings.

Margaret W. McCormick
Coordinator of District Libraries    Phone: (314) 726-2575, ext. 324

School District of Clayton
1 Mark Twain Circle,                 Internet e-mail:
St. Louis, MO 63105                  mmccormi@services.dese.state.mo.us

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Sandra P. Phillips wrote:

> Hello everyone,  One of our 8th grade social studies teachers is planning
> a discussion next week about the assassination of John Kennedy.  As part
> of his unit, he has asked his students to ask their grandparents, older
> friends, or teachers what they remember about the day JFK died. (Their
> parents too, if they were old enough at that time to remember!) He would
> appreciate hearing from any of you or anyone in your school who remembers
> where they were on that day, what they were doing, etc.  Your messages
> will be shared with all our students in a special JFK display.  Thanks
> for your help.  sppp@strauss.udel.edu
>
> Sandra Phillips, Librarian
> Dover Air Force Base Middle School
> Hawthorne Drive