On the day that JFK was shot I was in sixth grade.  I attended a Catholic
school and I can remember our teacher  anouncing that something terrible
had happened, that the president was assassinated.  Then we took a foew
minutes and said some prayers.  We were supposed to have a Girl Scout
meeting after school but the leader was too upset to hold the meeting and
sent us home early.

I also remember that schools were closed on the day of Kennedy's
funeral.  It was a beautifully sunny and crisp autumn day.  My friend and
I  walked down to a park that  morning and the whole town ( about the
size of Newark) seemed so quiet.  There wasn't much traffic or other
people out.

Margaret Bedle
mbedle@strauss.udel.edu

LM_NET Archive Home