Hi Wanda-
I am Judy--of STRONG AND GOOD CHALLENGE--I don't have an answer yet --the
lawyer/parent didn't show up for the meeting so I am waiting til I have
the student in class today to see what happens
anyway-about sliding it back in--in 1970 I went to my first school to
find all the Mark Twains wrapped in brown paper in the back room and was
told we were to remove them (K-8 school) I left it that first year and
then at invkentory time put them back--my story was going to be it was
"for inventory"--I never needed a story no one ever said anything and my
daughter HAD to read Huck at least 3times between 7-`12 grade so books
have been slipped in!
  Just a note--when I ask my Pittsburgh colleagues about STRONG AND GOOD
I was told KING STORK was challenged last year--form filled in and
"forgotten in restructuring of schools" so some oldies are being challenged
all the time.KING STORK was for treatmnet of women.

LM_NET Archive Home