Roselle--
I have a new Novelle network, and started out wanting to learn all I
could about the network.  When we installed the networkk this summer, we
were working on the premise that we would have a full time technical
support person hired, in part, to help us with the administration of the
network. This did not materialise, and our school's technical support needs are
being met on an ad hoc basis calling in an outside consultant whenever
things get really bad.  I've reached the  point of dissociating myself
emotionally from the network, and repeating my mantra--"que sera, sera".
I would much prefer to be knowledgeable and able to solve little
problems as they arise, but I've been told that our outside consultant is
"too expensive to do training or answer questions".  Our only manual for
Novelle is on disk, which is no  help if the network is down.
        I'd love to hear what others are doing to educate themselves.  I
second the plea for any source that would be useful.  The network is
wonderful when it's up, but there are so many mysterious events (which
I'm sure would be very easy to avoid if I knew what I was doing) that it
is discouraging.  I hate to feel imcompetent--that's probably the worst part.

Shannon Acedo
Marlborough School
Los Angeles

LM_NET Archive Home