I am taking the liberty of sending this reply to barb Baker to the
whole group in case anyone else can benefit from this information.
To get Unison to print prices, you must go into Patron set-up (can't
quite remember where, and I'm at home) and make sure that a maxiu
make that maximum- fine is set up for each type of circlation (regular,
reference, temporary, overnight, etc.).  I set mine for $999.99.  This
allows for prices to be printed.  Don't know why - my helpful person at
technical support discovered this by accident.
Tip 2: The extra disk, Support Tools, should be copied intoUnio
Unison>Uniutils.  This is so if we need certain help from Technical
Support, this will be available.
Possible tip 3: My memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe some bar
wand problems are because the UKREG.COM is in the wrong place and
needs to be moved.  (But don't trust me on this one)
Hope that helps.  It sure has been an adventure.  One of my big
problems with Unison is that I can no longer print an overdue list
without titles.  In New Hampshire we have a state law about
confidentiality of library records, so at the moment I'm not handing
any overdue lists into the Main Office.  Follett says this will be
corrected with the upgrade due out in January.
Oh, and by the way - if anyone needs to do any special reindexing and
diagnostics on a Novell setup - I had trouble because Staff doesn't
have all the rights it needs to do this.  You have to go in with
Supervisor rights.  They forgot to put this part in the manual.
Hope I've been helpful.
Jan Hylen
Salem High School
44 Geremonty Drive