I have to agree with Stephen, there are some "R" rated movies, that under
some conditions seem appropriate for the class.  An example:

I was teaching a Principles of Technology Class which seemed to be a dumping
ground for the counseling department.  A group of kids with a rough home
life, most already sexually involved, two pregnant, made up the class.  The
kids were mean as hell to each other.  One day I brought in 'Stand by Me', a
'R' movie based on a Stephen King story about what friendship means.  After
two days of the show we discussed friendship, what they had then as kids in
terms of friends, and what to expect out of life in terms of friends.  After
that the class worked much better for all us.
Charlie Roberts, Media Coordinator
Pine View High School
St. George, Utah  84770
Phone (801)628-5255