 >catalog and shelve their single and collective biographies. She would like
 >know if there is a definitive way to catalog single biographies - 92 or 921?

We shelve ours in their own section with B for Biography, then the
subjects last name so all books about King are in the same place, etc.

 >What schedule do you use? HOw do you catalog collective biographies - 920?

920

 >Where are biographies, both single and collective supposed to be shelved?

Collective bios are intershelved with the NF.  Bios have their own
location

 >Does
 >it really matter?

It does to us.  In our system, we find it much easier to locate them.
And, libraries in a system really should use the same cataloging.

Jim Maroon
Children's librarian
Tulare County Library System, CA
sjvlslew@class.org

 * QMPro 1.01 41-1542 * Tagline for sale.  Insert $1.00 into drive A:
Views expressed by this individual are not necessarily
those of the Tulare County Office of Education