We shelve our biographies in "B."  We changed them from 92 when I came to
the secondary library to be consistent with the elementary libraries in
our district.  Also, our public library uses "B."  Some real catalogers
really disapprove of this.  What I don't like is biographies shelved in
with the subject where they belong.  My daughter likes to read
biographies.  I went to visit her when she had just gotten a public
library card.  She told me her library had no biographies, so I went with
her and discovered they were with the subject.  She likes to walk through
the biography section and pick them up, look at them, see the covers,
etc., as she picks.  She doesn't know going in if she wants to read about
a rock star, a sports star, or something else.

LM_NET Archive Home