The basic facts as we know them are recorded in the New Testament Gospels
and in the Acts of the Apostles.  The student is going to have to use Bible
criticism in order to begin to cope with the topic.  The Resurrection of
Jesus is a matter of faith, central to Christianity--Christ has died, Christ
is Risen, Christ will come again.  To begin with, I would direct the student
to "The Interpreters' Dictionary of the Bible", and from there to "The
Interpreters' Bible" set.  Jerome's "Bible Commentary" will help, as will an
excursion through the 225 and 226 Dewey sections in a large public library
or, if one has access to a good theological library, have a talk with the
librarian there.  Has the student considered interviewing the local RC
priest, the Episcopal priest, the Lutheran pastor, a Greek Orthodox priest?
The topic is vast--I admire the student even desiring to tackle the subject.
If needed, the student is welcome to contact me.
pax

--
Sr.Mary Veronica,CHS       "All that is required for
Xavier High School,NYC      the triumph of evil is for

LM_NET Archive Home