Hello to members of LMNET and big thanks to the 25 people who responded
to my query about second grade chapter books.  Here is the list
generated by all of you! It will be very helpful to me. If any of the
people who  answered me would like a list (snail mail) of what I kept for
the K-2 library when I finish, I'd be glad to send it to you--I will keep
some not on this list.  You would have to be patient with me, as this is
a long process-I am making decisions now while we continue to circulate
the collection.)

Series: (I've listed the series name, not specific titles)

Adler           Cam Jansen
                Fourth Floor Twins
Christian       Mystery
Giff            Polk Street School
                Beast  (ie Beast in Mrs. Roony's room)
Ziefert         Mr. Rose's class
Greenwald       Rosy Cole
Gannett         Dragons of Blueland
Hurwitz         Rip Roaring Russell
                Nora series
Sacher          Marvin Redpost
Cameron         Julian
Warner          Boxcar Children
Heywood         Betsy
Delton          Pee Wee Scouts
?               Old Mother West Wind
?               M & M series
Sharmat         Nate the Great
Cleary          Ramona
?               Goosebumps (reccommended only if you get them free--not worth
                purchasing)
Rylant          Henry and Mudge
various authors Step into Reading series
Martin          Babysitter's little sisters
Kline           Horrible Harry
McBride         Oliver
Lobel           Frog and Toad
Berenstain Bears Chapter Books
?               Ella the bad speller
Choose your own Adventure Series
Small Potato Club
Dadley, D.      Bailey School Kids
Sweet Valley Kids
Junie B. Jones
?               Meg MacIntosh

Books listed as separate titles:

Caudill         Did you carry the flag today, Charlie?
Brown           Sneakers
Bunting         Summer Wheels
Cohen           Molly's Pilgrim
?               Flat Stanly
Blume           Freckle Juice
Bulla           Ghost of Windy Hill
                Dexter
Dudley          Santa Claus doesn't mop floors
Levy            Frankenstein moved in on the 4th floor
Marzollo        Pizza Pie Slugger
Smith           Chocolate Fever
Catling         Chocolate touch
Pinkwater       Fat men from space
Duffy           A boy in the doghouse
Hall            Mystery of pony hollow
?               Junie B. Jones
?               Ernie Eagle Eye
?               Emily Eyefinger

Happy Reading!
Molly Pearson
LaKewood Primary and English Crossing Elementary
Lakewood, WA
(north of Seattle)
mpearson@eagle.esd189.wednet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home