Granted, it's a different job now that I'm automated and I have to be
careful not to deaccession everything when I deaccession a book, but...I
have a funny story re: weeding.  When I came to Xavier 8 years ago, I weeded
vigorously before installing the tattletape system.  I put out some of the
books in the hopes that the lads would take them home. I got more interest
and a few raised eyebrows when I advertised for all to come and take away
the library's dirty books.  (After how many years on shelves, the books were
truly filthy!)

--
Sr.Mary Veronica,CHS       "All that is required for
Xavier High School,NYC      the triumph of evil is for

LM_NET Archive Home