I too have considered buying an Iomega ZIP drive -- I haven't read
anything negative about it (yet!) and I read almost all the Mac trade
press stuff.

I would think that _maybe_ your tech guru is concerned about the
stability of the media in a "cartridge" vs. the traditional hard drive
where the media is permanently enclosed. However, my own experience shows
that hard drives may last 5-6 years, or may crash just after the warantee
expires! If you follow "safe saving" practices (make 2-3 copies of really
important stuff!) you should be OK with a ZIP drive.

Joyce Conklin                      jconkli@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us

LM_NET Archive Home