Hello, everybody!

        Once again I am asking for help on a project for a graduate class
in library science.
        I am developing a reference collection for a real elementary
school library.  My subject is Native Americans.  The library I am using
has 3 volumes on Native Americans in the Reference collection (plenty of
current encyclopedias-print and electronic).  The dates of the 3 volumes
are 1959, 1967, and 1973.  There are 80 more titles in the non-fiction
collection; of those only 19 are dated later than 1980.
        I know that some of those earlier dated books are probably still
okay, but probably not very visually appealing to young children.  This
is a K-5 elementary.  There are no "easy" books for primary kids and I
know that the curriculum (particularly the kindergarten) does a month
long unit on Native Americans in November every year(I have two children
in the school).  I am keeping the 19 books, and would like to add 10-20
new books, focusing more on K-2.  I can use non-fiction, since there are
few reference books for elementary.  I would also like a couple of
electronic resources for Native American subjects, but so far I have not
come across very many.  I've found books, and I would like to coordinate
what I've found with recommedations from "real" librarians.  (I am only
one of two people in my class who is not already working as a school
librarian!)
        I would really appreciate your recommendations. Thanks in advance.

        Cindy Ranio
        cranio@runet.edu
        Radford University
        Radford, Virginia             Did I mention this is due Tue. 12-5?

LM_NET Archive Home