And as a small boy I had NO idea what a round yon virgin might be, but
since there were these folks surrounded by animals, I assumed they lived
on a farm, and so I always sang, "Barnyard version, mother & child..."

                            __________
Larry Parsons                           "Money is not the
Ocean Beach School District            report card of life."
Long Beach, WA 98631
(360) 642-3731  FAX (360) 642-1224

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Janet Rawdon wrote:

> The reindeer 'paws' was my chuckle for the day.
>
> I hope I won't offend anyone when I tell you that when I was a VERY small
> girl and people would sing Silent Night I thought the round yon virgin
> was just that--round.  As an adult  I can still visualize this circular
> young lady in my mind if I sift back far enough into the memories.
>
> Let me also add my wishes for all LM_NETters to have a happy holiday
> whatever you may be celebrating this time of year.  LM_NET is a great source
> of information, professional contact,  and (see above) fun.   :-)
>
> Janet Rawdon
> Newton MA
> rawdon@meol.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home