On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Paul Messersmith wrote:

> inquiries because I wish to enter my entire signature box electronically
> - not type it each time.
>
> My home email is through Oregon State University and they've implemented
> PINE as their inet-email of choice.

In Pine go to the setup option in the main menu.  Choose config.  Read
down until you find the line that says "signature file" Type in whatever
file name you want  (mine is ty.sig).

Before (or after) you do this, create the file that you want with a text
editor, such as pico.  If you have Pico on your system, type "pico
ty.sig" to create ty.sig.  Then type your signature.  CTRL-X saves, I
believe.

Everytime you write a message, your sig will appear before you start typing.

Additionally, there are times, such as when you are responding and
quoting a message, that the sig will appear at the top of the page and
you want it at the end.  Delete it and place the cursor where you want
the sig, and press CTRL-R, then type the name of your sig file.  Voila.

Sorry this is such pigeon english.  Hard to give instructions and think
at the same time.  :)

Enjoy

Ty Winter
* Computer Resource Administrator      *
* The Committee for a Secure Louisiana *
* tywinter@tyrell.net                  *
* secure@tyrell.net                    *