I need to tap your professional knowledge for a personal problem.

My wife and I have a 16 yr old son who is experiencing academic and
personal problems due in large part to low self-esteem and learning
disabilities. He is intelligent and highly verbal, yet can't see beyond his
immediate situation.

We are seeking recommendations for schools, treatment programs, etc. to help
him realize his unique worth and potential. We may need both short-term
intervention as well as a follow-up residential school setting. We live in
New England and would prefer something in this area, but would consider
other locations as well.

We also would appreciate any information about listserv's or discussion
groups that focus on teens at risk and/or parental support.

Ernest Hemingway, in his memoir *A Moveable Feast*, remarked that a cafe
waiter knows everything. I think that applies collectively to all of you.
Thanks for your help.

Harry Groden

LM_NET Archive Home