The groundhog did NOT see his shadow this morning.  Hooray!!!
Neither would any of our Blue Hens if they looked out this a.m.
--from Newark, Delaware

Ms. Laurie Carter and students:

        It is 9:20A.M. in Cedarville, Ohio, and if I were to walk out of the
LMC into the courtyard right now, I would not see my shadow.  I am not a
grounhog, but if there were one here, he/she would not see his/her shadow
either!  Perhaps this means spring is on its way, but I'd really rather have
one more good snow for this year!       :>
Rita Doyle

Yes.  It is beautiful here.

         BARBARA LEWIS, Librarian
     Samuel Houston Elementary School
441 FM 2821 East   *   Huntsville, TX 77340

Hi!  We live in Vanderbilt, Michigan.  The groundhog saw his
shadow here today.  We live on the 45th parallel.
        Nicole,    le, Heather, Andres w, and David
--

Hello, from Mrs. De Siena's Ffifth Grade Class.  We are located in
Spring Branch (Houston), Texas.  Since we did not hear an announcement

*At sunrise, it was cloudy.  Seven (7) students decided there was
enough light for the ground hog to see his shadow.  Twelve (12) students
decided there was not enough light. Given the climate in Houston,the
"no" students believe we could not possibly have six more weeks of
winter.

Let us know how your survey turns out!

It is cloudy, dreary, misty and about 40 degrees.
We are in Omaha, Nebraska, and we always seem to
have a blizzard in March so groundhog weather
predictions aren't too reliable here.

Aloha Woodside - We don't have any groundhogs in Hawaii - but if we did
and he poked his head out, he would definitely see his shadow.  The sun
just came up, and it is a gorgeous, cloudless day. We are at Aina Haina
Elementary school, in East Honolulu on the island of Oahu.  Happy
Groundhog Day!

The groundhog didn't see his shadow in Winchester V.A.  That
means that we have spring early.

yes Storrs, CT

The groundhog did not see his shadow this morning in Omaha, Nebraska.  We
are looking forward to an early spring.  The temperature is 51 today.

Laurie Carter- Library Media Teacher
Woodside Elementary School
3195 Woodside Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062
lcarter@woodside.K12.ca.us
"Minds are like parachutes.  They only function when open."

LM_NET Archive Home