   Many thanks to those of you who made suggestions
about visiting London.  I knew I'd asked the right
people.  Bet there are a lot of mystery lovers in the
group, too...
   Lack of time prevented us from taking advantage of
all your good ideas, but for those of you who wanted
to exchange information, here's what we did in 6 days:
   Shows:  Five Guys Named Moe, Blood Brothers, and the
new magical production of Oliver.  Concerts:  New Year's
Night Vienna Gala at the Royal Festival Hall--acoustics
were disappointing--orchestra sounded muffled; Lunchstime
duet at St. Martins in the Field.
   Museums:  National Gallery of Art, National Portrait
Gallery (Princess Di's portrait is still next to the Queen's),
Imperial War Museum.
   Ate at Akash Indian Restaurant and on the way passed a
carnival (thrill rides) in Leicester Square.  Spent New Year's
Eve on a walking tour looking for Ghosts of Old London.  Also
took a walking tour of Hampstead Heath and Village.  Watched
City of London New Year's Day Parade until it began to sleet.
  What I learned:  (1) Most recently formed guild is that of
information technologists; (2) Londoners think their public
transportation system is poor and inadequate; (3) how to *mind
the gap.*
  What I bought:  Did most shopping at Tower Records in
Piccadilly Circus, HMV on Oxford Street.  Bought 5 paperbacks
in Scholastic' series of Horrible Histories--fun for upper
elementary through high school with titles like the Terrible
Tudors and the Vile Victorians.

--
                                        Lois Feldman
ab189.lafn.org:                         Birmingham High School

LM_NET Archive Home